I seem to love this time of year. It’s one spent reflecting on all the wonderful things that have happened in the past year.This year for us has been one filled with expectation, loss, learning and Joy. Expectation for the things to come, researching countries for adopting from. Loss of Daniel’s grandfather who was a wonderful man, that we always learned a lot from. Learning a new adoption language. Learning to be a more self sufficient in gardening and canning. And Joy through the tough times & through the encouraging times.
I had been thinking of writing about the top 12 things that have made this year great, but I wasn’t sure I would be able to order them properly. So here it goes anyway.
Not in any kind of order, Just things that we have been blessed with over this past year:
- We are youth leaders.
- Geocaching at Fundy National Park (a yearly event we really look forward to)
- Sapphira completed her Level Basic obedience Dog Training (Where we learned what it meant to be consistent)
- 1 trip to PEI to visit my Family
- Deciding to adopt from the Congo & Completed our Homestudy!!!!!
- My Facilitator job became permanent
- Our 1st Cruise with Daniel’s Parents
- We got a larger vehicle with AWD for our nice wintry back roads
- We were able to sing with the family as Daniel’s Grandfather went to heaven. This was a beautiful moment, I hope my family will do this for me when I am ready to leave earth to go be with my Savior.
- Friends of ours had their Miracle Baby. Love You Charley
- We had the opportunity to stand with friends in their wedding and attend another fabulous Wedding
- My Uncle had a successful Kidney transplant after waiting for many years.
And well it seems a shame to stop there, the list really does go on.
We are well blessed. Beyond what we could ever dream.
I don’t know about the rest of you but I’m looking forward to 2013 being a year of greater things.
Maybe even an adoption? I’m hoping.
Happy New Year!!!